College of Technology University of Buea COT
UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES University of Buea.
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Qualification Offered: Bachelor of Technology.
B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Duration of Studies: 3 Years.
OBJECTIVES OF DEGREE PROGRAMME:
The objectives of the B.Tech in Electrical and Electronic Engineering programme with option in telecommunications are:
- To produce graduates who are well-educated in the fundamental concepts of telecommunications and are aware of emerging telecommunications technologies.
- To produce graduates who are capable of continuing their professional development throughout their career by combining theory with its application.
- To build human resource capacity in the telecommunications discipline in both the public and private sectors.
- To produce graduates with good communication skills capable of functioning responsibly in diverse environments and able to work in teams.
- To produce graduates who are innovative and are capable of creating jobs.
SKILLS TO BE ACQUIRED:
At the end of the programme, the following skills should be acquired:
- Ability to understand sophisticated techniques in telecommunication networks and the process of interconnecting different networks and be aware of emerging trends in telecommunications.
- Ability to understand telecommunication technologies and the impact of telecommunications on society.
The students will have opportunities in the following areas.
- As a technical staff in industries related to telecommunications or computer networks.
- Be capable of pursuing postgraduate studies in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Be capable of creating and managing an enterprise.
In addition to the general university requirements candidates must obtain a minimum of grade D at the Advanced level in Physics and Mathematics. Candidates with a Baccaulaureat in Electrical Technology will also be admitted.
Read more: UB College of Technology Programmes.