Facebook Internship: Software Engineer, PhD. USA
Facebook Internship: Software Engineer, PhD. USA (Ranking and Relevance)
Facebook Internship Software Engineer, PhD. USA: Facebook is offering an internship in Software Engineering. As part of their hiring process, Ph.D. interns are pre-assigned to a relevant team based on their expertise and interests. This internship has minimum twelve (12) week duration with winter, summer and fall start dates. Interns must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship. This is an unpaid internship programme. Internship can be taken at: USA (Menlo Park, CA – New York, NY – Seattle, WA).
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. kamerpower.com
As a PhD intern at Facebook, you will help build the next generation of machine learning systems behind Facebook’s products, create web applications that reach millions of people, build high volume servers and be a part of a team that’s working to help connect people around the globe.
As part of our hiring process, PhD interns are pre-assigned to a relevant team based on their expertise and interests.
This internship has a minimum twelve (12) week duration with Winter, Summer and Fall start dates.
Responsibilities: Facebook Internship – Software Engineer, PhD. USA
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, regression, and rules-based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap.
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team.
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU).
- Perform specific responsibilities which vary by team.
Requirements: Facebook Internship – Software Engineer, PhD. USA
- Pursuing PhD in Computer Science, related STEM or quantitative field or relevant experience.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Research experience in a relevant field, such as machine learning, NLP, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, signal processing, data mining, artificial intelligence, or computer vision.
- Experience in systems software or algorithms.
- Experience in C/C++, Java, Perl, or PHP.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Perl, PHP, Python, and shell scripts.
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Pig or Mapreduce/Sawzall/Bigtable is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results.
- Preferred: Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or PhD papers.
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2016.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Facebook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at 1+650-308-7837.