Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) 2019 Fellowship Programme
Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) 2019 Fellowship Programme for Member Countries.
Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) 2019 Fellowship Programme. Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) has opened applications for its Fellowship program for typically PhD students, researchers and professors. kamerpower.com
Application Deadline: 1st March 2019
Eligible Countries: FAO Member countries.
To Be Taken At (Country): Multiple. FAO Regional, Sub-regional, Country Offices or Headquarters.
About the Award: The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy.
The Fellowship Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization. They are willing to fulfil their specialized learning objectives and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO. Assignments should be in line with FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Age: no age limits.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not be eligible for the Fellows Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment.
Selection Criteria: Candidates may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Number of Awards: Numerous
Duration of Program: According to time bound agreement with hiring office.
How to Apply:
- Apply, visit the iRecruitment website here and complete your online profile.
- Only applications received through iRecruitment will be considered.
- Candidates are requested to attach a research proposal.
- Vacancies will be removed from iRecruitment at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
Award Providers: Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO)
- Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
- Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- FAO strongly encourages candidates from the Global South and Indigenous Peoples to apply to this Call for Expression of Interest.