Foreign and commonwealth office recruitment of TRADE ADVISER.
FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE (DEPARTMENT FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE).
AVIS DE RECRUTEMENT D’UN TRADE ADVISER.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Department for International Trade roles).
Job Subcategory: Department for International Trade (DIT).
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities).
Main purpose of job:
To build interest among UK business in exporting their goods or services to Cameroon; to work closely with British companies exploring their exporting options in Cameroon; to provide market insight and sector-specific analysis according to their needs (on a chargeable basis); and identify export opportunities for UK companies.
To work to the Deputy Head of Trade DIT, and Regional Co-ordinator based in Accra to identify opportunities and monitor sector developments for UK business both new and existing. This includes building and developing a network of key contacts across government and private sector, providing information, monitoring procurement websites and proactively contacting British businesses, ensuring a good quality service is provided to our UK customers:
- Engage directly with British companies who have expressed an interest in exploring exporting opportunities in Cameroon charging them where appropriate for producing good quality and detailed reports providing market insights and sector- or product-specific information and analysis.
- Full participation in ensuring the challenging annual overall DIT targets are met, such as the increase in the number of companies across the region exporting to meet the national ambition of getting 100,000 more companies exporting by 2020 and targets for export successes.
- Upload export opportunities onto the UK Department for International Trade’s customised database, and ensuring that export opportunity targets are met throughout the year.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Engagement with a multitude of Government Departments, agencies, companies and other organisations, at all levels, to ensure maximum co-operation and understanding of their current needs and aspirations, engaging credibly to build strong and meaningful relationships with stakeholders and clients in the UK and Cameroon.
- Responsibility for the smooth running of trade missions comprising British businesses to Cameroon, from arrival to departure via our paid for services.
- Using the various DIT databases to ensure UK companies are kept fully up to speed on Export Opportunities to the region.
- Work with colleagues across the regional network to maximise opportunities, increase the impact of inward missions and other visits from the UK.
- Prepare trade briefings, trade statistics, and pipeline of opportunities to include in annual business planning.
- Assisting with VIP visits including responsibility for programme and logistics.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on economic and sector developments in Cameroon relevant to trade, working closely with partners in the Embassy to identify barriers to business.
- Good continuous liaison with the Deputy Head of Trade DIT and the Regional Co-ordinator based in Accra, other Regional DIT teams, and UK customers to ensure you deliver the best possible service, which they will have paid for.
- Attending various out of hours events, such as receptions at which many senior contacts will be present.
Essential qualifications and experience.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Experience in extractive or infrastructure sectors.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills with ability in MS Office suite applications e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines.
- Resource fulness in solving problems.
- Good interpersonal skills and comfortable dealing with high level officials; Flexible.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Superior professionalism and judgment.
- Strong work ethic.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- 2+ years or relevant work experience especially in large complex environments.
- Prior experience of working with a diplomatic mission.
- Line Management experience.
- Required competencies : Collaborating and Partnering, Achieving Commercial Outcomes, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
- Application deadline : 15 December 2016
- Grade: B3 (L)
- Type of Position: Fixed Term
- Duration of Post :24 months
- Region :, Africa
- Country/Territory: Cameroon
- Location (City): Yaounde
- Type of Post: British High Commission
- Start Date:8 January 2017
- Additional information :
- Please read the full advert on the website before applying.
- Follow the link below to apply Online.
- No handwritten or e-mail applications will be considered.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.