Job offer International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) : Cash transfer & market specialist
Job offer International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) : Cash transfer & market specialist.
Job offer International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) : Cash transfer & market specialist. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. kamerpower.com
We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
- He/she is the focal point for ICRC CTP in Far-North Cameroon (FN Cameroon).
- He/she supports EcoSec field operations mainly in the FN Cameroon, particularly the implementation of Cash transfers and any other market-based interventions, in close collaboration with the EcoSec delegate in charge of the assistance programme.
- With the EcoSec Coordinator, he/she ensures that the EcoSec CTP project cycle is correctly implemented (needs assessment, feasibility, response analysis, project design, beneficiary selection, monitoring and evaluation) and reported as per the existing standard.
- He/she delivers capacity building and on spot coaching for all EcoSec teams involved in CTP.
- Assess the economic security needs of the affected-populations using a livelihoods and household economy approach.
- Support the implementation of EcoSec operations in Far-North Cameroon, mainly targeting beneficiaries, organizing and following up the delivery of EcoSec assistance.
- Organise the assessment in the South and North West regions, propose interventions in line with the delegation strategy.
- Assess the feasibility and appropriateness of CTP within the range of other possible options to meet identified needs. This includes a market analysis as well as the analysis of the various criteria required to implement different CTP and a comparison with in-kind options.
- Based on ICRC CTP Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), ensure that the conditions for implementing cash/voucher-based assistance programmes are met and that the necessary documents and tools are in place.
- Ensure that the staff assigned for CTP activities have the necessary competencies and information, and provide coaching, technical support and guidance.
The ICRC defines Economic Security (Ecosec) as the status of an individual, household or community that is able to cover its life and livelihoods obligatory expenditures in a viable manner, consistent with its environment, culture and customs. Within its global Economic Security approach in conflict affected countries, the ICRC implements Relief, Livelihood and Rehabilitation Programs in order to improve, restore or maintain food and economic security at household level.
To achieve this objective, the Economic Security unity uses a combination of different interventions and modalities, such as cash and voucher programs, microeconomic initiatives, agricultural and livestock programs, and relief items distributions.
A two-week orientation course and other opportunities for further in-house training.
Generous social benefits
Length of assignment: 12 months
Starting date: December 2018
The opportunity to join an ICRC talent pool and be considered for future assignments elsewhere.
Deadline for Application : 21.10.18