WWF recrutement Jobs: Junior Conservation Biologist
World Wildlife Fund – WWF recrutement Jobs: Junior Conservation Biologist.
WWF recrutement Jobs. The mission of WWF Cameroon Country Programme Office in the South East region is to ensure sustainable management of natural resources, through participatory management practices involving all stakeholders and contributes to improving the living conditions of the local people. kamerpower.com
- Negotiation of macro-zoning plan (with protected area, forest and hunting concessions, agroforestry zone,…).
- Development of basic infrastructure and preparation of management plans for three protected areas (Lobeke, Boumba Bek and Nki) that cover 6,380km² of biologically important moist evergreen and semi-deciduous closed forest, with high densities of elephants, western lowland gorillas, chimpanzees and bongos.
- Support to concessionaries in the implementation of sustainable practices, and.
- Assistance in setting in place Community Based Organizations to insure full participation of local population in natural resource management and the contribution of those resources to poverty alleviation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to the development and implementation of management plan of Lobeke National Park and its surrounding zones.
- Ensure implementation of ongoing ecological monitoring system in Lobeke NP and its peripheries, with data collection and management following relevant scientific protocols.
- Provide technical support in the development and management of Eco-tourism in Lobeke NP.
Assist in raising local community awareness and participation in conservation issues and project related activities through:
- Provide technical support to village surveillance committee group (COVILAB) in ecological monitoring within Community Hunting zone.
- Providing support in managing community hunting zones, especially in the development of sustainable subsistence hunting system.
- Organisation of local populations for surveillance of National Park.
- Assist Conservator and other MINFOF staff in planning and implementation of anti-poaching activities in NPs and surrounding zones.
Provide technical assistance to logging and hunting concessionaries in sustainable management of forest and wildlife resources. Under the supervision of the Technical Advisor, ensure the project’s compliance with technical and financial reporting and monitoring/evaluation requirements.