Career Opportunities: Programme Associate – United Nations World Food Programme Cameroon.
Career Opportunities: Programme Associate – United Nations World Food Programme Cameroon. WFP Cameroon is seeking a Program Associate-Resilience and Livelihood in the Maroua Area Office. kamerpower.com
The Programme Associate’s key focus is on livelihood activities and building or recovering assets that impact positively on food security while targeting the most food insecure geographical areas, and to those vulnerable households in need of WFP assistance.
Career Opportunities: Programme Associate (107229) – WFP
Post Title: Programme Associate (Resilience & Livelihood) G6
Duration: 12 months
Contract type: Fixed – Term.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Policy Officer, Maroua Field Office, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Assist in designing programmes that provide enhanced opportunities to strengthen communities’ beneficiaries, that promote self-reliance, strengthen livelihoods, and build resilience to shocks and response capacity.
- Contribute to strengthening partnerships with humanitarian agencies and inter-governmental partners in food for assets creation, livelihood, food security in line with WFP’s Strategic Objective 2.
- Assist in developing formal arrangement with implementing partners and identify proposed projects and facilitate needed approval at the local level.
- Assist in selecting target communities for the livelihood/resilience through assets creation programme, following clearly defined and transparent selection criteria and the use of community participatory planning approaches.
- Apply crosscutting lenses: such as gender equality and women empowerment, protection, nutrition etc. in the planning, design, and implementation of communities’ assets creation for additional benefits and impacts
- Ensure that high quality standards are applied to asset building to achieve the intended impacts on livelihoods, food security and nutrition.
- Support to provide a direct food, unconditional cash transfers to meet the consumption gap of the most vulnerable; and conditional cash for food for asset creation to simultaneously build community assets that reduce the risk of disaster, strengthen livelihoods and build resilience over time.
- Review and give technical feedback on food security assessment, beneficiaries targeting and monitoring plans and ensure that programmes are relevant, well targeted and providing appropriate response to the food and nutrition security of the assisted vulnerable population in the Far North Region.
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies (e.g. VAM) and best practices