Career Opportunities WFP Cameroon: CBT Reconciliations Officer SC 8
Career Opportunities WFP Cameroon: CBT Reconciliations Officer SC 8.
Career Opportunities WFP Cameroon: CBT Reconciliations Officer SC 8. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. kamerpower.com
Post Title: CBT Reconciliations Officer SC 8
Duration: 06 months
Contract Type: Service contract.
WFP Cameroon CO signed a contract with MTN in 2016 for the provision of restricted cash transfers (via mobile phones, SIM cards and beneficiary e-money accounts) to targeted beneficiaries. However, since the commencement of this arrangement, there has not been any post distribution reconciliation carried out.
The CBT Reconciliations Team has been set up by Management to review the contract arrangements with MTN and carry out monthly reconciliation of the monies paid to beneficiaries’ mobile money accounts, establish any unutilized funds if that there could and establish if these monies have been returned to WFP beneficiaries account in line with the stated Terms of Reference. The team has also been tasked to undertake specific reconciliations as outlined here below.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
Under direct supervision of the Deputy Country Director, the CBT Reconciliation Officer will among other tasks perform the following activities:
- Study the contract arrangements between WFP and the FSP right from the inception in 2016 to date with the aim of reviewing and ensuring that disbursement arrangements from the FSP to the beneficiaries is well documented and in accordance with the contract document.
- Study the MTN system developed for the sending of assistance to beneficiaries is well documented by both WFP and MTN and has strong internal controls. Propose stronger internal control and reconciliation processes going forward.
- Prepare risk-based reconciliation plans and programmes, prepare and review reconciliation reports, develop and document the existing beneficiary reconciliation steps, observations and related recommendations to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls regarding beneficiary reconciliations and improve business processes.
- Ensure that the status of Beneficiary list sent by the Field Offices during the period for each monthly report reconciles with the CO disbursement reports. Establish any weaknesses identified ad propose strong reconciliation processes going forward.
- Review and understand the current arrangements of the Finance Officers reconciliation between the funds disbursed by MTN to the beneficiaries and the confirmation report generated by the systems.
- Review the Beneficiary list and ascertain the authenticity of the list provided by the FOs to determine beneficiaries and Non-beneficiaries who have received monies into their SIM cards and account for differences (if any)
- Review the reconciliation of beneficiary accounts active Sim Cards so as to determine unresolved anomalies in the bulk payment and Beneficiary receipts.
- Review the reconciliation reports of beneficiary transactions dates (with exception of reception date of cash benefit or return date of unspent balances) with the return of unredeemed benefits to the relevant WFP Benefit Account to ensure that unredeemed benefits are timely returned to WFP in accordance with the agreement signed.
- Consider reconciliation implementation issues and consult with relevant units (Programme, CBT and Finance) to find solutions.
- Review the existing mission reports on reconciliation and indicate the extent to which the recommendations have been adopted.
- Train, guide and provide leadership to the reconciliation team on upcoming issues.