WFP Career Opportunities Cameroon: IT Associate (CBT Reconciliations) (121784)
WFP Career Opportunities Cameroon: IT Associate (CBT Reconciliations) (121784).
WFP Career Opportunities Cameroon: IT Associate (CBT Reconciliations) (121784). WFP Cameroon CO signed a contract with MTN in 2016 for the provision of restricted cash transfers (via mobile phones, SIM cards and beneficiary e-money accounts) to targeted beneficiaries. However, since the commencement of this arrangement, there has not been any post distribution reconciliation carried out. kamerpower.com
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
Under direct supervision of the CBT Reconciliation Officer the IT Associate will among other tasks perform the following activities:
- Prepare reports for the reconciliation team and on ward sharing with Senior Management. From Information provided by his/her seniors or through data mining and being able to derive trends from the data/information available.
- Carry out system maintenance tasks regarding the reconciliation exercise, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimization, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
- Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for the reconciliation team is up-to date.
- Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
- Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
- Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
- Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to him from time to time from his/her supervisor or Senior Management.
Completion of secondary school education. University degree in Information technology, Economics, Statistics, Software engineering, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) or any other related discipline
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and French. Knowledge of local dialects in project areas in the Far North, East, Adamaoua, North West and South West is an advantage.
At least 2 years’ minimum experience in data processing, analysis, reporting, preferably in an Information Technology department.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: May 17th, 2020