Take EMBA ( Executive Masters of Business Administration ) at the University of Bamenda HICM Center for Management Development
The Executive Masters of Business Administration ( EMBA ) is one of the newest courses of study added to the innovative set of programs offered by the Higher Institute of Commerce and Management ( HICM ) Center for Management Development at the University of Bamenda. The course is intended for those with considerable executive management experience who seek to enhance their skills through exposure to the best international Business practices. The focus of the program is to provide conceptual foundations for analytical decisions making and to expose students to the best global management practices towards enhancing the students management and leadership skills. The programme emphasises on strategic enterprise development, analytical thinking and decision making. The programme includes core courses and a capstone project that will have an international strategic focus. A major highlight is to interact abroad with ( GIMPA ) Ghana Institute of Public Management and Administration in Achimota Accra. This experience will expose the students to different business contexts and cultures and helping you to develop a wider global network of contacts.
If you are looking for an executive Masters Degree in Business with World Class Credentials with latest knowledge in leadership and Management, A strong link between classroom learning and the practice of global business.
The University of Bamenda is your perfect match. The Entrepreneurial University Quality – Innovativeness – Connectedness.
We are partnering with ( GIMPA ) Ghana institute of Management and public Administration who have been in this Business since 1961.
- A Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower from a recognized University or equivalent professional qualification
- At least five years experience
- A 200-word essay on how the EMBA will enhance the applicant career plans.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the Admissions and Record Office, HICM -Bambil campus, University of Bamenda as from the 6th of April, 2015.
- Application forms are obtainable at the Records and Admission Office, HICM
- Birth Certificate ( Certified copy )
- GCE A-Level or Baccalaureate or result slips ( Certified copies )
- First Degree and others ( Certified copies )
- Four passport-sized photographs
- A non-refundable application fee of 30,000 FCFA
- A self-address stamped envelope.
- Attestation of at least two years working experience in any organisation.
Contact the admission and Record office – HICM for more information concerning tuition, and other modalities.
Or Contact: 677 479 528 / 677 732 457 / 677 859 243
The deadline for all applicants is 19th June 2015. The list of selected candidates will be published at the main campus of the University of Bamenda and through the media.
EMBA PROGRAM CONTENTS
The program is designed to meet the needs of today’s Management executives. Renowned Foreign- based adjunct Faculty instructors are invited for key courses. Experienced and successful local practitioners are also involved in the delivery of courses in the programme.
Course Code Title
ERSD 501: Comparative, political and administrative reforms in Cameroon.
ERSD 507: Financial Management, Budgetary Control and the Decentralization.
ERSD 503: Entrepreneurship and Small and Medium Size Enterprise Management.
ERSD 502: Quantitative Methods
ERSD 515: Managerial Tools,
Course Code Title
ERSD 504: Managerial Economics.
ERSD 601: Project Management capstone
ERSD 508: Technological Innovation and Electronic Governance.
ERSD 506: Customer Service Deliver and Team Work
ERSD 505: Business Ethics and Elements of Constitutional Law.
ERSD 607: Auditing and Best Governance Practices
Course Code Title
ERSD 613: Managerial Accounting and Decentralization.
ERSD 603: Organisational Behavior and Change Management (competitive Strategy)
ERSD 605: Economic analysis and Evaluation of Projects
ERSD 551: corporate Governance Tax Laws and Business Environment.
ERSD 505: Business Research and Industrial Psychology.
Course Code Title
ERSD 551: Entrepreneur and resource planning.
ERSD 501: Investment Management and organisational Methods
ESRD 515: Visiting Industries and Reports
ERSD 607: Final Thesis
Method of Approach
The teaching approach used is andragogy. This is based on adult training. It involves the utilization of accumulated experiences of Students, taking into consideration their evolution of managerial thought and administrative techniques.
Other optional activities
Guided readings: Refresher Courses in Research-Observation, Compulsory integration activity.
Besides the Masters Program, HICM also offers the following Short Courses
- Information Management in Organisation ( IMO ). The objective is to help participants understand the main functions backed by micro-computers.
- The Manager and Office Automation ( MOA ). The objective is to help participants understand the main functions of office Automation and ICTs.
- The Management of Public Health Institutions ( MPHI ). The objective is to enable participants to develop a global and complete approach in management of the Health Sector.
- Conducting Meeting ( CM ). The objective is to help participants to analyse their own practice in running meetings.
- Strategic Planning of Information System in the Organisation ( SPSS ). The objective is to help participants to develop the ability to select methods of strategic planning of information systems suitable to their organisational framework.
- Team Work: The objective is to help participants acquire the techniques of participating in the organisation of work.
- The Manager as an individual. The objective is for participants to acquire managerial skills and professional Ethics. Many other short courses are offered in HICM.