How to register as a new student at the University of Bamenda (UBa)
New Student Registration Procedure University of Bamenda (UBa):
New student at the University of Bamenda: All students who are enrolling on the University of Bamenda (UBa) campus for the first time are eligible to register during New Student Registration. This includes all new undergraduate students, new graduate students, and inter-campus transfer students. In addition, all returning students who were not enrolled on the University of Bamenda (UBa) campus during the previous academic term are eligible to register at this time. The registration procedures for new students include:
- Payment of registration fee at school or faculty bank account after presentation of admission letter.
- A receipt of payment should be obtained and required photocopies made.
- Respect of registration deadline announced by the Vice-Chancellor.
- Students should respect the procedures for verification and validation of receipts in University of Bamenda (UBa).
- Students are also obliged to do compulsory medical examination on campus. Test results at the Health Centre shall include: a) Vision b)Blood sugar level c) Hearing d)Chest X-Ray e) Blood pressure f) Urine analysis g) Tuberculosis h) Weight and heightÂ
- This compulsory medical examination shall cost 5000 Francs CFA and the result shall be sealed.
- The university provides health insurance benefits for returning students who have fulfilled all registration procedures as follows:
- All serious illnesses – 350,000FCFA
- Death through illness – 250, 000FCFA
- Death by accident – 500, 000FCFA
- All new students are obliged to attend the orientation ceremony and the schedule for orientation shall be published by the respective faculties and schools.
- The student should proceed with the required documents to the school or faculty for registration. Incomplete documents shall not be tolerated.
- Students are also requested to provide the necessary documents in their respective school or faculty and to follow the required steps for the production of student Identity Cards.
Students are expected to observe the following procedures in order to start off with effective classes on the date indicated in the academic calendar.