University of Bamenda Cameroon – Universite de Bamenda UBa Cameroun
University of Bamenda Cameroon – Universite de Bamenda UBa
University of Bamenda Cameroon – Universite de Bamenda UBa. The history of The University of Bamenda is inextricably linked to that of the Cameroon College of Arts, Science and Technology (CCAST) and Ecole Normale Supérieure Annex (ENSAB) Bambili. The University of Bamenda germinated out of a local initiative hatched in 1962 following reforms in the Educational Policy of West Cameroon. kamerpower.com
The process was facilitated by the then Prime Minister and later Vice President of the Federal Republic of Cameroon Dr. John Ngu Foncha. Foncha’s vision rested on the standard of higher learning reflective of the Nigerian Colleges of Arts, Science and Technology (NCAST).
How do I apply to University of Bamenda?
How To Apply For Admission Into the University Of Bamenda? (Step-By-Step Guide)
- Using your web browser, go to the official website for online admissions of the University of Bamenda.
- Select the undergraduate, Masters, or PhD course you want to study.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to confirm your admission intent.
This wish was even more urgent because by 1961, the number of university graduates was grossly inadequate to cope with the senior staff demands of the new nation state. There were slightly over twenty university graduates in the Southern Cameroons by 1962 and the top civil service jobs by dint of this limitation were dominated by expatriates, mostly Nigerians and British. kamerpower.com
FAQs – University of Bamenda Cameroon – Universite de Bamenda UBa Cameroun
University of Bamenda has six faculties and five schools (art. 49) to go operational within the ambit of the resources available.
Using your web browser, go to the official website for online admissions of the University of Bamenda and select the undergraduate, Masters, or PhD course you want to study. Then click on ‘Apply Now’ to confirm your admission intent.
University of Bamenda was created in 2011.
Jacques Fame Ndongo, as the pioneer Pro-Chancellor and Vice Chancellor respectively of The University of Bamenda.
Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Law and Political Science( With 4 departments at undergraduate program which are English private law, public law, political science and French private law.), Faculty of Economics and Management Science, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Health science.
The higher education system of Cameroon is represented by 128 universities with 1,950 study programs. In addition 1,060 Bachelor programs at 124 universities, 650 Master programs at 92 universities and 240 PhD programs at 36 universities.
University of Bamenda Cameroon
It was in dire need to allay this problem that the West Cameroon Government through its Education Policy Paper of July 1963 envisaged CCAST as a future college of the Federal University of Cameroon created in 1962. In the context of the imagination, it was to assume the status of an American Junior College or the English Polytechnic. This dream was somehow constrained by logistics and human resources. This perhaps explains why in 1963 when CCAST was transferred from its temporary site at GTTC Kumba to Bambili, USAID came in to lend support to firmly establish the institution, especially in the Science Department.
This took place under the auspices of Dr. David Laird, USAID Adviser on Education, and Dr. William Stanley, Adviser on Science of Education. Mr. H. O. H. Vernon Jackson from the United States became the pioneer Principal. The USAID ground breaking mission was quite brief (1962 to 1963).
Mr. Sylvester Dioh stands out prominent as one of the key Cameroonian figures in the early development of CCAST Bambili. In December 1963, CCAST was transferred to its present site in Bambili and Dioh appointed as Principal. kamerpower.com
Between 1964 and 1966, landmark initiatives took place in CCAST which inaugurated the forty-three years (1967-2010) march towards an Anglo-Saxon styled University of Bamenda. Early in 1964 when Mr. (and later Dr.) Elias M. Nwana assumed interim responsibility as Principal of CCAST while Dioh went abroad for further studies, they thought it prudent to allay the acute dearth of trained teachers in Anglophone Cameroon secondary schools by giving a one-year pedagogic training to GCE A-Level holders to equip them with contents and aptitudes to teach in secondary schools.
Besides, it was also a unique opportunity for Grade II teachers who were admitted along with secondary school leavers to prepare themselves for entry into universities. In 1966, the initiative was put in place and an Advanced College of Education attached to the then CCAST Bambili was initiated. A dozen students were enrolled to take the course.
University of Bamenda: Basic Requirements for Admission
Candidates seeking admission into any of these Faculties must have the following:
- GCE O/L in at least five (5) subjects including English Language or Probatoire or its equivalent and
- GCE A/L in at least two (2) subjects obtained in one sitting or Baccalaureate or its equivalent.
- Students whose first language of instruction is not English Language must show proof of proficiency in English Language. kamerpower.com
- Candidates seeking admission into the Faculty of Economics and Management Sciences must have at least a pass in Mathematics at the GCE O/L.
Composition of Files University of Bamenda: Admission procedure.
The application files shall comprise the following documents:
- An application form that can be filled online at the following address: https://www.ubastudent.online/ or http://www.ubafacadmissions.com or offline on a form obtainable from the Registrar’s Office of The University of Bamenda, Regional Delegations of Secondary Education or from the UBa Liaison Office at MELEN (opposite CHU on the road to UYI) Yaounde. kamerpower.com
- Certified photocopy of Birth Certificate.
- Certified photocopy of GCE O/L or Result Slip or Probatoire.
- Certified photocopy of GCE A/L or Result Slip or Baccalaureate.
- Medical Certificate. kamerpower.com
- Receipt of payment of application fees of 12.000 CFA.
- Four passport size photographs.
- A stamped self-addressed envelope A4.
- Certificate of disability where applicable.