Concours IMIP of Maroua: Launching the competitive entrance examination into the 1st Year of the 1st Cycle of the Institute of Mines and Petroleum Industries of the University of Maroua for the 2014/2015 academic year..
REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON
PEACE – WORK – FATHERLAND
MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY
ACCREDITATIONS AND QUALITY
Decision N°. 8140792 /MINESUP/SG/DAUQ/SDEAC/SE of 23 OCT 2014
To launch the competitive entrance examination into the 1st Year of the 1st Cycle of the Institute of Mines and Petroleum Industries of the University of Maroua for the 2014/2015 academic year..
The application form can be downloaded from here!
THE MINISTER OF HIGHER EDUCATION ANNOUNCES:
– the Constitution;
– Law No 005 of 16 April 2001 on the orientation of Higher Education;
– Decree No 20111408 of 9 December 2011 to organize the Government;
– Decree No 2011/410 of 9 December 2011 to appoint the Government;
– Decree No 2008/280 of 9 August 2008 to create the University of Maroua;
– Decree No 93/027 of 19 January 1993 to lay down the general provisions governing
Universities, modified and completed by Decree No 2005/342 of 10 September
– Decree no 2008/281 of 9 August 2008 on the administrative and academic
organization of the University of Maroua;
– Decree No 2008/458 of 29 December 2008 to appoint the Rector of the University
– Decree No 2012/433 of pt October 2012 to organize the Ministry of Higher
– Decree No 2012/33 of 29 June 2012 to appoint a Vice-Chancellor and Rectors of
some State Universities;
– Decrees No 2012/365 and 2012/366 of 6 August 2012 to appoint officials in State
– Decree No 20 13/0891/PM of 12 March 2013 to appoint officiais in the Ministry of
– Decree No 2013/333 of 13 September 2013 to create Establishments in the
University of Maroua;
– Decision No 14/0037/MINESUP/DAUQ/SDEAC/SE of 11 March 2014 to fix the
– of the entrance examination into establishments of State Universities in Cameroon
for the 2014/2015 academic year;
– Upon the proposal of the Rector of the University of Maroua;
HEREBY DECIDES AS FOLLOWS:
Article 1: A competitive entrance examination for the recruitment of two hundred and fifty (250) student
engineers into the 1st Year of the 1st Cycle of the Institute of Mines and Petroleum Industries (IMIP) of
the University of Maroua is open for the 2014/2015 academic year in the following fields of studies:
1) Mining and Quarrying (MIC);
2) Petroleum and Gas Exploration (EPG);
3) Refining and Petro-chemistry (RPC);
4) Industrial Security, Quality and Environment (SQE);
5) Petroleum and Gas Economies and Management (EGP).
Article 2: (1) The entrance examination is open in just one session to Cameroonians of both sexes,holders of the Baccalauréat which is obligatory for each desired field of studies, or the GCE Advanced Level obtained in at least two (2) subjects including the main subject (major) of the series, and the GCE Ordinary Level obtained in at least four (4) subjects including the main subject (major) of the series; Religious Knowledge shall not be taken into consideration.
Article 3: Foreign students may be admitted based on the review of files proposed by their chancelleries, within the limit of the available places.
Article 4: Candidates’ files shall comprise all the following documents:
• A Registration form obtainable at the Main Office of the Institute of Mines and Petroleum Industries of the University of Maroua, at the Regional delegations of the Ministry of Secondary Education, at the Examination Centres stipulated in Article 8 and from the internet website of MINESUP: http://www.minesup.gov.cm ;
• A certified true copy of the birth certificate dated not more than three (3) months ago;
• A certified true copy of the Baccalauréat or the GCE Advanced Level, or any equivalent certificate recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education, dated not more than three (3) months ago, or a Success Testimonial signed or certified by competent authorities. Failing which, this document shall be required before the issuance of the end-of-course certificate;
• Transcripts of the Probatoire or the GCE Ordinary Level, the Baccalauréat or the GCE Advanced Level signed or certified by competent authorities;
• A Medical certificate issued by a medical doctor of the Public Administration, certifying that the candidate is apt to pursue higher education;
• A certificate of Non-conviction (Bulletin n° 3) dated not more than three (3) months ago;
• A receipt showing payment of Twenty thousand francs (20.000 CFA F) as examination fees, issued by the Bank SCB Cameroun Into Account N° 90000257957. No other mode of payment shall be accepted;
• An A4 size envelope bearing a 400 CFA F postage stamp and the candidate’s exact address;
• Four (4) passport size photographs;
• An authorization from the respective Ministers for candidates who are currently civil servants .
Article 5: Candidates with foreign certificates shall present the official equivalence signed and issued by the Minister of Higher Education.
Article 6 : All complete files shall be deposited either at the Examination Centres stipulated in Article 8 below, or at the Main Office of the Institute of Mines and Petroleum Industries of the University of Maroua, latest Monday, 17th November 2014 at 3.30 p.m. prompt.
Article 7: The examination shall comprise:
– Three (3) written papers (accounting for 70%);
– A mark on school attendance (accounting for 30%).
Article 8: The written examination shall take place on Sunday, 30th Novernber 2014 in the following centers: Douala, Dschang, Maroua, Ngaoundere and Yaounde.
Article 9: The written examination is divided as follows:
The programmes of the entrance examination are those of the Baccalauréat or the GCE Advanced Level in each specialty. Each written paper is scored from zero (00) to twenty (20) and given coefficients as indicated above.
After the written papers, and following the recording of the score on school attendance, the jury shall establish and publish the list of candidates successful in the written part of the examination. Under no circumstance shall admission be deferred from one academic year to another.
Article 10: The score relating to school attendance shall be established based on the following criteria:
– the candidate’s age ;
– the number ofyears spent in secondary school ;
– the marks obtained in the Baccalauréat or in the GCE Advanced Level and in
the Probatoire or the GCE Ordinary Level.
Article 11: Distribution of the number of places
Article 12: The composition of the jury shall be based on a special text from the Minister of Higher
Article 13: The examination fees are non-refundable.
Article 14 : The Rector of the University of Maroua, the Director of University Accreditation and Quality are, each in their respective capacities, charged with the execution of this decision which shall be recorded and published in French and in English wherever need arises.