Job offer Plan International Bamenda – Education in Emergencies Coordinator
Job offer Plan International Bamenda – Education in Emergencies Coordinator.
Job offer Plan International Bamenda – Education in Emergencies Coordinator. Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. However, these are often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. In addition, it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
Title : Education in Emergencies Coordinator
Functional Area: Humanitarian Response.
Reports to: EiE Specialist
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Needs Analysis, Program Design and Implementation:
- Contribute to situation/response analysis, sector strategy documents and sector response plans as well as programme design, working with other EiE partners and Plan’s EiE teams to ensure design is appropriate and implementable.
- Support the EiE and CPiE Specialists in the development of project and donor proposals in close coordinator with logistics, finance and awards units ensuring effective integration at design phase.
- Undertake consultation with EiE staff and support with proposal work.
- Contribute to PU level emergency preparedness plans and where possible, integrate contingency planning for education in all program planning and proposal design.
- Support the EiE team to respond to new emergencies.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Ensure appropriate staffing within the EiE team, and ensure that all EiE staff understand and are able to perform their role.
- Establish performance management of all EiE Project Officers through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, on-going feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Support, mentor and develop Plan’s EiE team to develop leadership, management and technical capacity.
- To support with the coordination of the education response. This will include representing Plan International in external meetings on, or related to, education.
- Ensure representation of Plan in all Education Cluster meetings.
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other program managers/ Coordinators and response teams to strengthen programmatic synergies and impact for children.
- Support representation needs as required.
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English, will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.