United Bank for Africa jobs – UBA : Marketing & Corporate Communication Officer
United Bank for Africa jobs – UBA : Marketing & Corporate Communication Officer In charge of Media/External Relations.
United Bank for Africa jobs – UBA : Marketing & Corporate Communication Officer. Offre d’emploi à United Bank for Africa – UBA : Marketing & Corporate Communication Officer In charge of Media/External Relations. kamerpower.com
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : Marketing & Corporate Communication Officer In charge of Media/External Relations.
UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA (UBA) CAMEROON.
Job Title : Marketing & Corporate Communication Officer In charge of Media/External Relations.
Department : Marketing & Corporate Communication.
Reporting Line : Head, Marketing & Corporate Communication.
N° of positions : 01
Contract Type : Permanent
Location : Douala.
Job Purpose :
Responsible for overseeing communication to the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases and other content initiatives. Cultivates and manages relationships with media representatives.
- Planning, developing and implementing media relations strategy.
- Responsible for media management (top newspapers, online, audio visual, international publications).
- Oversight responsibility on country’s media relations with managers.
- Develop the necessary processes and policies towards ensuring beneficial relationships, brand enhancement and zero negative press.
- Preparation of press releases, features and other external communication.
- Negotiate placements to obtain optimum exposure.
- Manage media events and leverage on opportunities there-in.
- Daily media summary.
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with key media stakeholders.
- Organize frequent forums with bank’s executives and media.
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with online news media.
- Monitor all media for vital information in relation to the bank, related news or important news.
- Ensure the Bank protects and promotes its image in a proper, coordinated and consistent manner.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Corporate Communication, Journalism and Mass Communication, or any other relevant discipline.
Minimum experience: 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role with a proven track record.
- Excellent knowledge of national, regional and international media.
- Ability to write press releases and news reports.
- Awareness of different media agendas.
- Media crisis management.
- Media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methodology.
- Business awareness and good knowledge of current affairs.
- Good network in the media sphere.
- Events organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written, spoken and oral (English and French).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools relating to communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to details.
- Friendly, approachable and confident.
- Presentation skills.
Candidates should send their resume and motivation letter to [email protected], with the heading “MCC Officer, Media Relations” by Wednesday May, 9th 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to proceed to the interview stage.