Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment : Area Manager
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment : Area Manager Cameroon.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment : Area Manager. Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is providing assistance to conflict-affected populations through our presence and operations in most major humanitarian emergencies. DRC has been present in Southwestern Cameroon responding to displacement caused by conflict linked to the so-called “Anglophone Crisis” since October 2018. kamerpower.com
The Area Manager will lead the emergency response team in Buea and be an essential part of programming and implementation of emergency operations.
DRC’s aim is to respond effectively to the humanitarian emergency in the Southwest to alleviate suffering, building trust with local stakeholders and thereby increasing access to expand the scope and impact of the emergency programmes.
DRC’s emergency response currently encompasses protection monitoring and response as well as emergency shelter and NFI distribution, sectors which candidates should have a good deal of experience overseeing.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Line manage area support and programme staff ensuring inter-department co-ordination
- Closely coordinate with the senior management team ensuring regular information flows
- People management of direct reports (including development, people planning and performance)
- Manage with team leaders the programme activities budget lines; ensuring effective and efficient use of resources including financial, human and all assets.
- Ensure overall provision of and adherence to DRC policies, procedures, guidelines, systems and standard practices
- Provide leadership in overseeing logistical/procurement, Human Resources/administration and office services activities and ensure their timely/efficient delivering.
Representation, coordination and reporting
- Primary DRC representative in Buea and attend all relevant fora/meetings in order to strengthen DRC’s position.
- Foster relationships with Government authorities and other relevant stakeholders in the area of operation.
- Maintain close working relationships with donors, national and international organizations and local counterparts.
- Comply with internal reporting requirements, contribute to, and provide quality assurance of external reports from area of operation.
- Lead the process of adapting DRC national strategy to the local context and circumstances.
- Provide regular analysis on the context and humanitarian situation in the area for the development of project proposals and safety assessments in cooperation with the Head of Programme.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff is required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html).
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization’s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify. Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.