Job opportunity Norwegian Refugee Council NRC : Grant Coordinator
- Job opportunity Norwegian Refugee Council NRC : Grant Coordinator.
Job opportunity Norwegian Refugee Council NRC : Grant Coordinator. The purpose of the Grants Coordinator position is to provide essential grant management support to Country Director in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC CO strategy and Plan of Action. kamerpower.com
- Build positive working relationships with other teams in the Country Office to coordinate and support development of high quality proposals using relevant NRC Grant Management tools and guidance (Go/ No-go checklist, proposal development calendar, procurement plan, internal budgeting tool).
- Coordinate proposal development for NRC Cameroon’s portfolio of donors.
- Work closely with Budget Holders, programme teams and support (finance, HR, Logistics) to compile accurate proposal budget and assess whether all necessary costs have been included;
- Work closely with the Gender and Protection Officer to ensure that NRC’s proposals take into account a gender analysis of specific needs of displaced people and a subsequent response.
- Work in close collaboration with the Area manager and CC leads to ensure that project deliverables are timely met, flag any challenges requiring amendments and follow up with donors.
- Work with finance team to support the development of internal budgeting tool and communication with field offices on allocated budget.
- Together with the Grants and Communication Assistant, summarize in writing, key reporting and compliance requirements (compliance checklist) including potential issues for Grant Opening Meetings.
- Coordinate with respective budget holders and finance in order to ensure budgets are correctly allocated and aligned.
- Coordinate the project revision and follow up with amendments of contracts.
- Work with the relevant Area Manager and CC leads to ensure Grant Opening Meetings are arranged and take place within 30 days of the grant being activated.
Donor Reporting, Monitoring and Compliance
- Coordinate timely finalization of donor reports ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports and that they meet quality standards.
- Highlight critical financial issues such as under/over spends to finance and Budget Holders, and follow up in writing when discussed verbally.
- Support and advise programme colleagues with queries related to donor compliance on grants within portfolio.
- Coordinate closure of grants in respective portfolio (Grants Closing meetings) 3 months before end of projects.
- Assist in training and capacity building related to NRC Grants Management/donor compliance as required.
Beginning: April 2019
Duration of the contract: fixed term contract, 9 months with possibility of renewal according to the financing
Salary / Benefits: According to the NRC Salary Policy.
Duty station: Yaoundé, Cameroon with 20% of field trips.