COLTECH Entrance University of Bamenda 2020-2021
(1) Holders of foreign diplomas shall submit either the equivalence or the receipt showing that they applied for the equivalence of their diplomas or certificates. The order granting equivalence and the receipt are issued by the Minister of Higher Education.
(2) The final admission of these candidates shall be confirmed only on presentation within the date limit set by the competent authorities of the text granting them equivalence.
COLTECH Entrance University of Bamenda 2020-2021.
Complete application files shall be submitted at the secretariat of the College of Technology of The University of Bamenda Mile 3 Nkwen, Campus, on or before August 30, 2019. Late or incomplete application files shall be rejected.
Article 7 – The examination shall comprise:
- Study of files (30% of the total assessment).
- Two written papers (70% of the total assessment).
(1) The examination subjects/papers will be as follows:
Paper 1: 3hrs Coefficient 5
- Candidates seeking admission into the Agribusiness Programme (2 subjects): Mathematics and Economies.
- Candidates seeking admission into the Agricultural and Environmental Engineering Programme (3 subjects): Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics or Biology.
- Candidates seeking admission into the Animal Production Technology, Crop Production Technology and Food Science and Technology Programmes (3 subjects): Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry or Physics.
- Candidates seeking admission into the Electric Power Engineering or Electronics Programme (3 subjects): Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates seeking admission into the Computer Networks and Systems Maintenance or Software Engineering Programme (3 subjects): Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics or Chemistry.
Paper 2: 3hrs Coefficient 2 – General Knowledge, English and French – ALL CANDIDATES.
This information is summarized in the following table:
(2) The syllabuses of the competitive entrance examination are the same as the GCE A/L or Baccalaureate programmes.
- The written papers will take place on Saturday 14th September, 2019 in the following four (4) Examination Centres: The University of Bamenda – Bambili, Buea, Douala and Yaoundé.
- A press release published by the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Bamenda shall ultimately indicate the modalities of the organization of the written examination.
- Candidates are requested to come to the examination centres at least 30 minutes before the start of each examination paper. They must come along with their National Identity Card and acceptance slip.
The successful candidates shall report to the College of Technology for registration formalities within fifteen days following the date of publication of the final results. Candidates, who fail to comply with this requirement, as need arise, shall be replaced by those on the waiting list following the order of merit, through a press release published by the Minister of Higher Education on the recommendation of the Vice-Chancellor of The University of Bamenda.
The Vice Chancellor of The University of Bamenda, the Director of the College of Technology, the Director of University Accreditations and Quality of the Ministry of Higher Education each in his/her own sphere, are responsible for the implementation of this Order which shall be registered and published in English and French wherever necessary.
COLTECH Entrance University of Bamenda 2020-2021 first year 1st cycle College of Technology.
Version Français (French)