NRC Norwegian Refugee Council Job offer: WASH Programme Development Manager.
NRC Norwegian Refugee Council Job offer: WASH Programme Development Manager. Do you want to be part of establishing a new country programme? NRC is looking for an experienced WASH Programme Development Manager for a new country programme in Cameroon. kamerpower.com
NRC is seeking to expand our programmes in the Lake Chad Basin beyond our current presence in Nigeria. Assessments in the North and East of Cameroon are currently being conducted and we expect to start operations in the country soon.
The purpose of the WASH Programme Development Manager is to be responsible for design, development and implementation of the WASH programme in a start-up operation.
- Develop, manage and monitor budget(s) according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Document project achievements and deliverables.
- Identify trends in conditions/standards and donor priorities and assess better ways to assist.
- Monitor technical quality of WASH projects and maintain transparency of implementation progress.
- Scale up and diversify WASH operational capacity (recruitment & capacity development).
- Promote the rights of people affected by displacement and explore, asses and promote new and better ways to provide assistance.
- Contribute to the development of a shelter strategy and proposal writing.
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Emergency & Protracted crisis Shelter and WASH assistance in rural and urban contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Cameroon and/or Central – West Africa an advantage
- Implementation of Cash and Voucher approaches.
- Livelihood and Market based approaches.
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Karuni, Fulani) an advantage.
- Experience of start-up operations is an advantage.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Managing performance and development.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Handling insecure environments.
- A good sense of humour is an asset.
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Kousserie, Logone et Chari, Cameroon.
Commencement: July 2017.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the « Company name » field for both company and location. Related documents here JD WASH PDM Cameroon.