UN WOMEN job Vacancies Cameroon – INTERN – ICT Support
UN WOMEN job Vacancies Cameroon – INTERN – ICT Support.
UN WOMEN job Vacancies Cameroon – INTERN – ICT Support. UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Finance Associate, the ICT Intern will work in close collaboration with the Programme and Operations teams for resolving complex ICT-related issues. kamerpower.com
- Monitor the network connection on a daily basis to ensure stable and responsive network environment.
- Develop user requirements and specifications for software and equipment.
- Review Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to hardware/software problems.
- Perform other ICT related support tasks, as required.
- Increased knowledge on providing hardware and software maintenance services.
- Increased knowledge on providing quality support and advice to staff members.
- Learn more about timely web maintenance.
Increased understanding of workings of UN Women.
- Respect for Diversity.
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues.
- Creative Problem Solving.
- Effective Communication.
- Inclusive Collaboration.
- Stakeholder Engagement.
- Leading by Example.
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems.
- Good PC hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication.
- Good knowledge of database packages.
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes.
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
Required Skills and Experience
- The intern must have studies in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering or ICT related field or other similar subject at the university level.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent); Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in French are required; Working knowledge of another UN language a distinct advantage.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UN Women.
UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.